Established by Dennis Murphy, Jr. in 1984, NJB has established its roots in 6 different states. Currently for the 2009-10 season NJB is looking to expand in Arizona, Utah, and Boston. The expansion team is working hard to establish programs in these areas to provide youth basketball leauges emphasizing sportsmanship and player development.
Benefits of Expansion - Starting up an NJB Chapter in your area has many benefits:
- Use of non-profit status
- NJB hosted tournaments in Arizona, Northern California, Hawaii, and San Diego
- Winter, Spring, and Fall Leagues
- Training programs for coaches, staff, and officials
- Insurance coverage for every athlete, coach, and facility
- Mikasa Sponsored
- AAU Affiliated
Expansion Process: Starting up an NJB Chapter is a very exciting and rewarding process. NJB will provide all the tools you will need to start up your chapter:
- Flyers (distributed to your school district)
- Website which will be used to promote your chapter and accept registration
- Assistance from the NJB Expansion Department
As a chapter developer, NJB will help you identify local high schools or recreation centers that are currently working with youth programs to act as your Chapter venue. Once your high school venue has been secured and flyers have been approved by the school district(s), NJB will sponsor free fundamental clinics, and player registration, with the goal of increasing the interest for the new Chapter.
If you have any questions or have interest in participating, please contact:
phone: (714) 765-6567